He said... She said... aka The Jeff and Amy Show

What is in a word?

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lucha Libre

Jeff and me warming up
Kasey and Nathan's
All wrestling must have a fog machine. It helps cover up the fakeness
Fro Man

I know I have not posted in a while, but I am blogging the important stuff. I am sure most of you that know me can guess I watched WWF wrestling as a child. We were not allowed to watch the Solid Gold Dancers (which would have been my first choice), but my brothers and sister and cousins were all allowed to watch WWF. However, I can almost guarantee that my mother's life would have been a little more bearable if that had been reversed.
Well there is a Mexican version of WWF it is AAA(triple A), and it came to Lazaro and I felt I had to go, so Jeff took me on a special date:) It was funny and silly, but you know you all wish you could have gone too. They did throw people out of the ring and use chairs, but I must admit I was a little sad there was no blood. My favorite wrestler is in the last 2 photos. He took a picture with a kid during a break and licked him, and during the wrestling he would often bite his opponents (mostly on the butt).

10 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger The Harris Family said...

Nacho: Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.

Chancho: So you've never wrestled?

Nacho: Me? No. Come on. Don't be crazy. I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the fancy creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That's fantastic! Go. Go away! Read some books!

You gotta love Luche Libre!! NAACHOOOOOO!!!!

j

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That gives whole new meaning to "Bite Me". No thank you!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger The Gearharts said...

Jason...you are hilarious and we are really hoping you did not recite that from memory:) We watched Nacho Libre the week before we went to this...a hilarious movie by the way.

Sarah...if you had been here you so would have loved it.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger tim rush said...

Gotta love the Lucha Libre! I've not been but it is on my list of things to do. Perhaps while the fam's away...

I want to buy a mask first. Were there people in the stands there wearing masks.

I think that would be "fantastic". (said in my best Nacho voice.)

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger The Gearharts said...

Tim... we almost bought masks. I am so sad now. We could of bought several masks and had our own Lucha libre with friends and family. We could all dress up and make up names.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger tim rush said...

I've got a 3 hour bus ride today to Leon. The whole way I'll be trying to think of names.

Love it!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

How hilarious. We got to see Nacho Libre before the holidays last year and LOVE to quote it...

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Oh, and I thought you were suffering in some hot small po'dunk village...looks like you've got all you need there!
So nice to hear from you again!
Kristi

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think i've ever watched a full round of wresting, but i think i saw every single solid gold episode...hmmm. so, stick to wrestling! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home