He said... She said... aka The Jeff and Amy Show

What is in a word?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Magic Trick






















Abby was working on her slight of hand last night. She has learned it from her father.
There was only one little problem, the coin was not disappearing. She seemed to be doing it right, even blowing on it just perfect. I pointed out that one little flaw. "Abby that is strange. Usually when daddy does it, the coin disappears." To which she so truthfully replied, "Daddy is REALLY tricky. I'm not so tricky."

And where was Jeff you asked? Well we know a woman that asked him to be a ring bearer at her wedding. He said "Do I have to say anything?" She said he wouldn't so he agreed. I just laughed because I know things are different in Mexico, but he is a RING BEARER. I asked him if she needed a flower girl. Anyway, he went to rehearsal last night. When he returned he had a great story. At the rehearsal he found out he wasn't exactly talking he was going to be reading a verse, but then even more exciting news. No, he is not reading a verse; he needs to have the verse memorized....in Spanish...to say at the wedding...in front of many Spanish people. As he told me I just gasped...and laughed and laughed and laughed. However, if it had been me, I would have been in tears. I love my husband!

8 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger The Gearharts said...

Even funnier... I was told last night about this "memorization" for the ceremony this Sat. And... it wasn't much of a rehearsal because I still don't know where we are coming in from or where we are going. I guess I'll just follow what seems to be right. Worst case scenario... I'll have some great blogs!!

BTW... It's not slight of hand... I AM magic.

Jeff G.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Su said...

I tried that trick once, and we never found the quarter again. Seriously, I think I was like eight at the time, so this quarter has been lost for 20 years. My parents told me we couldn't afford for me to try that trick again.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger tim rush said...

Jeff is a trooper if ever there was one. I say, sing the verse... why not?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger The Gearharts said...

Su... better luck next time... BTW Now you can ask Chad for a quarter :)


Tim... I like that and I think that if I sang it opera style it might be the last "gig" I'm recruited for.

Jeff G.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger tim rush said...

You know my motto (How do you spell motto?)... Don't do it right the first time and you won't get asked to do it again.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff really is magic, by the way, just like he said. I remember... because he performed a magic show for me and all my friends at my 7th birthday party. He was amazing!!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amy- you crack me up. I know I am jumping in a little late here but you totally redefine "missionary wife". I am so thankful you can be on the field and still be fun!! A lot of the missionaries we know are sooo (LOTS of o's) serious. So it is refreshing to hear about your funny experiences and that you can be in that moment and enjoy it. I like that your spot in the world adds to your happiness rather than redefining you. I hope this comes across as a way BIG compliment!! Because it is kinda rare for me to see someone on in the field who brings their personality along instead of their supporters. I enjoy keeping up with ou here. Love-Heather

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger The Gearharts said...

The wedding was a success. Thank you for the Tim motto. I think my youngest son has already incorporated this into his life. \

Lori you made Jeff smile. He said, yeah I had a magic kit and he totally remembers it. Tell all the boys we send our love.

Heather I spoke to my husband months ago after I read your blog. I told him how encouraging you were, and funny. At times you have reminded me what a blessing having kids are, and lazy Saturdays with cartoon are something to be savored(even if they are in Spanish). I think you are an amazing mother, and I enjoy checking out your blog.
Amy G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home