He said... She said... aka The Jeff and Amy Show

What is in a word?

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Tag

I was tagged by Ms. Kristi, and I really like her so I am going to play along.

Here are the rules. 1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8 things…

1. I have been trying to quit drinking coffee for 2 years now. I had one today:P.

2.
I told my husband, then boyfriend once. "Look at me. Look at ME.... I do not get better than this." The funny thing is..that I think I have gotten better, and maybe his optimism was right all along. However, I have not gotten taller or thinner and it looks like I never will, but I think I have gotten kinder, more gentle, and a little more optimistic.

3. We have three beautiful children. I was never really worried during my pregnancies, but I always felt something bad or tragic was going to happen to the baby or me. I had worked in an emergency room and seen and heard all the sad stories. Birth is so complex. There are so many things that God moves so perfectly. With every child, I was always so shocked that they were healthy and alive.

4. Jeff and I "cast lots" (flipped a coin) for our sons middle name. I liked Drew. He liked Lorne. God went with Jeff and I have never felt sad about that.

5. I like things in 3, 5 or 7. I divide our food portions into these numbers. I buy things by these numbers. I think it is silly, but it is there.

6. I would like to have a farm someday. I want a vegetable garden, some chickens, a cow.

7. I like recycling. I have a subscription to a magazine called Mother Earth News. I know it sounds cheesy, but it is really good.

8. This has been difficult for me. I have been thinking, why would anyone give a crap(Amy doesn't think crap is a bad word), and anyone that knows me, already knows this stuff. I am unable to hide my emotions. I say what is on my mind usually. I don't feel like I have any secrets. I like being honest and open, and I like people that are honest too.


I tag Lori, Alisha, Kasey, Jordan, Kaleb, Flee, Andy
and maybe I will just stop with 7 :)

7 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love that you buy things in odd numbers!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Su said...

I only think "crap" is a bad word when the kids from church look shocked to hear it come out of my mouth. Oops.

Also, do you recycle the magazine? (Or just keep every issue?) Because I have a hard time finding a place to recycle magazines.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Amy! What a treat! (Now, that is a cheesy word). I honestly am surprised and was happy to know your crap. BTW, Paul said "crap" from the pulpit Sunday morn. It was wonderful! I miss you guys. Diane Sawyer was in Mexico city and did a special on Mexico on Good Morning America and it made me miss Mexico...maybe the first time. But I've missed teammates from the second we left. Oh well, just rambling. I love you guys and hope you are well. Your Mother Earth Magazing reminded me of a card I bought that talks about taking care of "Mother Earth". I felt like I was betraying God by buying it, but at the same time know that I wasn't. Maybe I'll take a picture of it and post it on my blog.
Better go,
Kristi

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger The Gearharts said...

Sarah...are you saying you do the same thing? We are all a little nuts together:)

Su...I don't really say crap much around my kids, and the first time I hear them say it...I might stop saying it. And I have saved most of my magazines (there are great articles I really love). However, just recently my kids have taken two to use to cut out pictures for homework. Which in a way is recycling.

Kristi....Paul is such the rebel. What a potty mouth he has. I have some news on Mexico for you. And I know what you mean by betraying God. I mean I really think God wants us to take better care of the earth, but I almost had issues with this magazine because of the name. I first picked it up in a library, and the name Mother Earth almost kept me from it. Interesting huh?

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger tim rush said...

Very interesting. I didn't know you cast lots nor that you buy in odd numbers, nor you have such a potty mouth.

The other day, while driving I said to Kim, "Did you see what that idiot did?" And Quincy pipes up, "Which idiot dad?" Thus Kim makes me mind my tongue a bit more now.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love coffee. But it makes me feel crazy on the inside, so I only drink it about once a week if that. I want to go shopping with you, Amy. Sounds like an adventure, of course everything I've ever done with you has been an adventure.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, under heaven, would you want to give up coffee? You are the mother of three children and a missionary to boot. Drink up girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home