He said... She said... aka The Jeff and Amy Show

What is in a word?

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Big Changes

We are back in Lubbock. That is a big change. God has been kind to us and we are grateful to be allowed the privilege of being in his family. One of our priorities is health at this point. In our daily bible reading we have come across some jewels.

Proverbs 1:24-28
I (wisdom) called you so often, but you wouldn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you - when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster engulfs you like a cyclone, and anguish and distress overwhelm you. "when they cry for help, I will not answer. Though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me."

I think you might ought to read it again and let that settle in...... Fortunately this is the voice of wisdom and not God. I know God loves even us stupid people. However, I want to be a Saved child that is continually seeking wisdom. The following chapters in proverbs have lots to say about what wisdom is, and is not.

Now here is my question. What would wisdom advise us about our health?

Know those of you that know me know that in the last couple of years I have been seeking healthier eating habits. And those that have known me for a long time know that in my college years I lived on cereal, often iced coffees for lunch (fun times with Jenni) and nachos.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lalo & Jamie Rocha said...

Hey Amy, If you went to the Library today I was not there cause Liam is sick :( sorry, I had your number in my phone and I can not find it listed any more!!!!! It would be so much easier if I could just call you. My number is 793-4554 just in case you are anything like me with numbers. Love you and will write later if not sooner :) jamie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home